Premier Vet Care
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Head to our online store to purchase items for your pet. Please reach out if you have any questions!
Premier Vet Care would like to think the amazing community and our clients for helping us receive these amazing awards! Our goal is to provide the best client service and animal care in North Texas and we could not do that without the support of our loyal clients.
At Premier Vet Care Animal Clinic, we strongly recommend ProHeart 6 Injections for heartworm prevention. There are many medications out there that treat and prevent various parasites in dogs, including pills, chewables, and topically applied liquids.
Learn More Here
Learn More Here
VaccinationsPets today can live longer, healthier lives than ever before—in part because of vaccines that help protect them from deadly infectious diseases. Over the years, vaccines against dangerous diseases have saved millions of pets and virtually eliminated some fatal diseases that were once common. Unfortunately, many infectious diseases still pose a significant threat to dogs...
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease....
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
For my high anxiety Aussie, they are caring and help him feel at ease. The first vet that he isn't scared of.
Great place for your pets. They treat them like they have known them for years and my dog always likes to go there. The doctors are very knowledgeable and take time to listen.